Greetings forum members,
MarCo hosts the annual Phoenix Food Day event with City of Phoenix and if you haven't yet attended, we sure hope you can.
1) Please attend the 6th annual Phoenix Food Day on Saturday, Oct. 21, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 15 and Jefferson Streets. Visit the website for more details.
2) Please consider volunteering for the event. We apologize for the late notice. We are in desperate need of assistance for:
We need volunteers for:
1) 6:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. to help set up the tables and chairs for exhibitors, food day café, and the stage area.
2) 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Distribute apples to guests for the Apple Crunch at Noon.
3) 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. to teardown, tables and chairs on trucks and removal of garbage (there will be bins available.)
Sign up to volunteer Phoenix Food Day at the Volunteer Phoenix webpage, click on Search for Opportunities and enter Food Day in the Search by Keyword title or description and learn about the volunteer opportunities available.
Volunteers will receive a Food Day t-shirt, bagels and coffee in the morning and a free meal at the Food Day Café (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.).
Please consider signing up and passing this along to others that may be interested.
Thank you on behalf of MarCo and City of Phoenix Food Day Planning Team
City of Phoenix,
Office of Environmental program