Maricopa County Food System Coalition Forum

to support and grow a food system in Maricopa County that thrives

Maricopa County Food System Coalition Forum is a social network

All Discussions Tagged 'Chickens' (18)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Legalizing Backyard Chickens in Glendale, AZ

The city of Glendale, AZ Planning and Zoning are reviewing the zoning and will possibly be making amendments to the code for backyard chick…

Started by Shelly Honn

0 Aug 25, 2016

URBAN FARM for Rent...

This is the house!!! Featured on 3TV "Dave the Garden Guy", Phoenix New Times, Modern Farmer Magazine, Urban Farm Magazine, and the outdoo…

Started by Matthew Mullins

0 Feb 2, 2014

Chickens and Oleanders

Hi guys, I'm thinking about getting some oleanders but I know they are poisonous if eaten. Will chickens try to eat the leaves or flowers…

Started by Neema Enriquez

13 Aug 26, 2013
Reply by Ericka

No Chickens for Chandler :(

Hello, All. I know there are a few other discussions out there regarding the vote to allow Chickens on single family lots in Non HOA areas…

Started by Sarah

2 Jul 17, 2013
Reply by Catherine, The Herb Lady

Looking for help from Gilbert/Mesa chicken owners and neighbors!

Hello, all! I'm a resident of Chandler, and we were So close to having our City Council vote yes to allowing backyard chickens this past Th…

Started by Sarah

3 Jun 6, 2013
Reply by Sarah

Snakes in Chicken Coop - What should I do?

Yesterday when I went out to collect eggs a nice 4 foot snake greeted me in my nesting boxes!!  Yikes!! My husband came home - got it out…

Started by Shelly Martin

7 Apr 19, 2013
Reply by Shelly Martin

"Backyard Chickens: Cute, Trendy Spreaders Of Salmonella"

This article is being met with pitchforks and torches on Facebook... http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/03/24/175057536/backyard-chicke

Started by Patricia

9 Mar 27, 2013
Reply by MaryMcP

Blackberries and Chickens

I know there have been several blackberry threads posted, but I am unable to find, is there any consensus on what strains are best for our…

Started by Kristen

10 Feb 18, 2013
Reply by Kristen

Working out the plans for a IGLOO water cooler for summer cold water

From what I have read the most important thing to do in the summer is to make sure my birds have lots and lots cold water to drink because…

Started by Melissa Rennells

2 Feb 12, 2013
Reply by Becci Scott

Chicken Rental

This may seem like an unusual request, not even sure if its possible...  I went on vacation and when I returned I noticed I left the valve…

Started by Sean Andersen

6 Oct 29, 2012
Reply by Charles Bukowski

RSS

© 2020   Created by Liz Lonetti.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service