Maricopa County Food System Coalition Forum

to support and grow a food system in Maricopa County that thrives

Maricopa County Food System Coalition Forum is a social network

I wanted to share how beautifully it could grow if the right conditions were provided.

This Angel Red pomegranate was planting in the ground, native soil with a handful of compost and wood chips on December 23, 2012. It has put out a little bit of flower and put on about one-two foot extra of new branches and such the following winter. I pruned it back quite a bit and kept the stronger main branches.

I got some Aloe Vera from a fellow VPA member to plant around it on May 19, 2013.

Early 2014, I put some compost + wood chips around the base on the pomegranate. It has put on extensive growth since. Now measuring 6 foot tall and 5 foot wide. Also produced hundreds of flowers in the Spring of 2014. Now we have 5 fruits at different sizes on the tree. I hope to taste at least one of them this fall.

Rating:
  • Currently 0/5 stars.

Views: 103

Comment

You need to be a member of Maricopa County Food System Coalition Forum to add comments!

Join Maricopa County Food System Coalition Forum

Comment by Jacq Davis on August 20, 2014 at 1:52pm

Hi De Ann,

I am happy to give you both lemongrass and aloe. No need to payment as I have acquired these free from other VPA members too. The only thing would be if you don't mind driving down to Tempe and meet me at the Tempe Whole Foods market to pick them up or visit me at my place to pick them up.

I have sent a friend request so we can PM for more details~

Comment by De Ann on August 20, 2014 at 1:10pm

I would love some!  I also need lemon grass...Am willing to pay for your trouble.

Comment by Jacq Davis on August 16, 2014 at 6:17pm

Thank you De Ann. I feel like I will need to thin the aloe out so if you need some, please let me know and I can give you some to plant!

Comment by Wayne Mackenzie on August 16, 2014 at 7:35am

Kids walking by will be drooling when they see the fruit.

Comment by De Ann on August 16, 2014 at 6:57am

Fabulous job!  I love the aloe around it.  Interesting mix.  I need to get aloe planted in my yard.

© 2018   Created by MarCo Food Coalition.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service