Maricopa County Food System Coalition Forum

to support and grow a food system in Maricopa County that thrives

Maricopa County Food System Coalition Forum is a social network

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm interested in growing Moringa plant/tree in my backyard. Where I live, the ground is pretty hard & lots of rocks. Couple of questions that I would like to ask :
1. Where can I get a Moringa plant or seeds ? I've checked online & though available, the reviews seem to be quite discouraging.
2. With seeds, do I plant them directly into the ground ?
3. What's the recommended direction should this be planted (relative to the house).
Thanks for your feedback :)
Raj

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Raj,

Moringas are pretty easy to grow here.  There are a few sources locally for getting seeds.  The Herb Association had seeds available at our last meeting.  Some seed libraries around town have them, seasonally.  Dennis McClung from the GardenPool.org often has plants for sale, depending on the time of year.  and sometimes at a local family owned business.  For a ton of info on moringas, check out Dennis's learning page here:

https://gardenpool.org/recipes/how-to-grow-and-cook-the-moringa-pla...

Good luck - I've had great luck with growing moringas.  This plant typically has a really good germination rate, planted directly in the ground where you want them to grow.  Moringas are frost sensitive, so if you have an area in your yard that is a little more protected from the winter cold, that would be a good place to start with trying you seeds.

Liz

RSS

© 2017   Created by MarCo Food Coalition.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service