Maricopa County Food System Coalition Forum

to support and grow a food system in Maricopa County that thrives

Maricopa County Food System Coalition Forum is a social network

All Discussions Tagged 'mulch' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pine Wood Chips

I put a load of mulch on my entire yard (minus the garden beds) a few years ago. It has broken down very nicely. It is time for a new load,…

Started by Heather

2 Feb 28
Reply by Heather

Growing an Orchard with Matt Dunwell

Published on Nov 5, 2014 (9:31) Ragmans Farm is a 60 acre organic farm in the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire. At Ragmans they use far…

Started by Powell Gammill

0 Dec 2, 2014

Mulch-less in Phoenix

Hi there Permies! Is is just me, or has it been hideously difficult to get a hold of free mulch this year? Every time I go through my norm…

Started by Lisa Schoop

15 Sep 11, 2014
Reply by Powell Gammill

The Water discussion - or why my place is far from sustainable

As many of you know, I am a PDC instructor.  For the past two weeks, we've been discussing water - our greatest limited resource here in th…

Started by Jennifer Wadsworth

49 Aug 3, 2014
Reply by Claudette Hobbart

Brad Lancaster in: Waste Not! Transform your waste into soil, water, and energy.

Started by Jennifer Wadsworth

8 Jun 16, 2014
Reply by Powell Gammill

Free Tree/Wood Chips

Getting my trees pruned today 08-Apr-2014. Anyone want a load of fresh tree chip? It will be a clean load of pine and eucalyptus. Tree Amig…

Started by Vynnie McDaniels

0 Apr 8, 2014

Garden Update Video

Hello Here is a udate of my garden I thought I would share with you all. Let me know what you think. I also started a Key Hole garden in t…

Started by Brian C.

10 Jul 14, 2013
Reply by Powell Gammill

Mulch fire

With the recent mulch fire happening the past couple of days, it made me think of my pile of mulch. I had an abundance of wood chip mulch p…

Started by Kevin

2 May 30, 2013
Reply by Brian Smith

Looking or Ideas for Successful Tiered Garden

I'm moving 3 raised beds to make a 2-tiered garden area against an East block wall. The fill dirt from the old beds is full of wee…

Started by Barbara E

9 May 24, 2013
Reply by Catherine, The Herb Lady

Gardening Without Water, Did it Work? (video)

Except for a duplicate section towards the end, interesting report over time on using thick layer of wood chips in a garden bed to conserve…

Started by Powell Gammill

4 Feb 21, 2013
Reply by Catherine, The Herb Lady

RSS

© 2017   Created by MarCo Food Coalition.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service