Maricopa County Food System Coalition Forum

to support and grow a food system in Maricopa County that thrives

Maricopa County Food System Coalition Forum is a social network

All about Gardens, Farms, Turf, Yards (Permaculture Zones 1-5) (2,009)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Something is damaging my snow peas

I planted from seed the second half of September and the lovely shoots grew in abundance to about 2-3" high and started developing their li…

Started by Carole Walters

3 Oct 22, 2008
Reply by Ericka

Loofah

Can I plant loofah seeds at this time of year? How long does it take for them to grow, as in, will I be able to harvest before Christmas?…

Started by Cheryl Roberts

3 Sep 20, 2008
Reply by Janine

Anaheim pepper drops flowers

I have an Anaheim pepper plant that I have kept going through the summer, but it won't set fruit. Its just full of blossoms, but in the hea…

Started by Sue Wefel

2 Sep 19, 2008
Reply by Sue Wefel

Is this a Morning Glory? does anyone have info about them?

Good Afternoon! Well, the 'mystery vine' from my yard has now started to bloom. I anxiously awaited the first flower opening so as to help…

Started by diane

7 Sep 13, 2008

where to start my garden

I always thought it would be a great idea to live off the land and live greener, but I didn't know much about it. I have learned so much fr…

Started by Erika

6 Aug 22, 2008
Reply by Julie Norgaard

Hooray for lentils--Cool season beans

Remember that we can still grow beans..I would argue that given the heat island creep in the valley of the last few years that there is mor…

Started by Ruby Sheffer

8 Aug 19, 2008
Reply by Ruby Sheffer

Purslane

I REALLY want to take advantage of purslane if it's in my yard but I have a question. Could it still be purslane if it doesn't have the red…

Started by Nick

5 Aug 18, 2008
Reply by Nick

Eggplants

This is my first shot at growing eggplants, and I have nicely formed eggplants. I planted the "early long purple" varitey, and there is NO…

Started by JuliaWestfall

3 Aug 18, 2008
Reply by JuliaWestfall

Recycling tomato plants

Last year this time, I rehabbed some of my tomato plants by cutting them way back, half of the plant at a time. Also took some stem cutting…

Started by Lisette Volkmar

1 Aug 4, 2008

Why don't I have any peppers?

I planted a pepper plant in June which has at least doubled in size and looks very happy. But there are no peppers on it! It gets enough, b…

Started by Jana

1 Aug 3, 2008

RSS

© 2017   Created by MarCo Food Coalition.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service